There is a cluster of budget hotels around Jalan Ali Pitchay in the new Town area just off Jalan Sultan Iskandar.
- Tune Hotel Ipoh, Jalan Horley & Jalan Veerasamy. An international chain associated with budget airline, AirAsia. Expect consistent quality at low prices
- Abby Hotel Ipoh, Chemor, Kanthan, Tasek Ipoh. 10 minutes drive from the city center
- Fresh Hotel Ipoh, Taman Mas, Falim Ipoh. 10km from the city.
- Grand Park Hotel, 19 Jalan Bendahara (Opposite Sri Maju bus station), tel:60-(0)5-2411333 A centrally located, nostalgic Chinese family mansion. Original Chinese decor is reflected in the connecting upstairs patio, the foyer and the large upstairs double rooms to the front of the building. Converted to a hotel in the 1950s, it also had a restaurant in the 60s and 70s. Rooms from RM50.
- Hotel Eastern, Jalan Raja Musa Aziz. Close to the Old Town in one of the most pedestrian friendly areas of the city
- Hotel Fair Park Ipoh, No 85, Jalan Kamaruddin Isa. Tel: 605-548-8666  Conveniently located 5 minutes from Ipoh’s city centre and conveniently located close to major sporting and government facilities like the Ipoh Stadium and Indera Mulia Indoor Stadium. Rates from RM99.
- Hotel Grand View Ipoh, 36 Jalan Horley. Loacted right outside Memory Lane’s weekly flea market. Rooms available from RM79nett
- Hotel Ipoh City, Jalan Dass, off Jalan Horley, rooms frm RM90 upwards. Conveniently located close to the colonial buildings of Ipoh Old Towm.
- New Caspian, 20-26 Jln Ali Pitchay, from around RM55.
- Paradise Hotel, 29-A & 29-B Jln Ali Pitchay. Clean, comfortable, and basic. High ceilings and lots of windows make it an attractive option. The shared bathroom for the cheaper rooms has a squat toilet. Hand basin as standard in all rooms. A/C RM39. Fan RM32. 052542203 & 052542204.
- Seri Malaysia Hotel Ipoh, Jalan Sturrock, off Jalan Tambun.
- Sun Inns Hotel Ipoh, Sunway City Ipoh. Located at Sunway City Ipoh in Tambun area. It is a close walk to the Lost World of Tambun Theme Park and Extreme Park.
- Tambun Inn Ipoh, 91, Jalan Tambun, Ipoh. 30350, Phone booking: 05-5477211, located center of Ipoh; within minutes drive to stadium, Ipoh Old town and Lost World of Tambun.
- Wan Wah Hotel, Jln Ali Pitchay, from around RM30.
- YMCA Ipoh,  Jalan Raja Musa Aziz, beside D.R. Park.
- Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, 131, Jalan Raja Ekram (Located behind General Hospital and beside UOB Bank). Tel: +605 242 5555, Fax: +605 241 1555. E-Mail:  Website: . A three star hotel located at the center of Ipoh. The hotel provides free wireless internet access in the hotel room and public area. Standard/Superior room with local breakfast for 02 with the rack rate of RM116 nett only.
- Hotel Excelsior, 43 Jln Sultan Abdul Jalil. Tel : 605-253 6666 Fax : 605-253 6912.  Four star hotel. They have the current walk in rates at about RM 136 nett with Continental/Local breakfast. Located at opposite Overseas restaurant.
- Ritz Garden, 86 & 88, Jalan Yang Kalsom (easily recognized as the building with the pyramid-shape roof). Tel: +605-242 7777, fax: +605-242 1166. . A popular three-star hotel located in the heart of Ipoh city. The hotel provides free wireless internet access in its public areas as well as guestrooms. Deluxe rooms with breakfast for 2 pax go for RM110 nett but they do have walk-in (standard room) rates of RM95 nett. Deluxe and standard rooms are old and not in the best of condition. Ask for the new rooms (in a connected building, opened Nov 2010) which start from RM210 nett. The new building also has a private cinema, gym, swimming pool, computer / reading room, billard table for all staying guests – no extra charge. Decent indian restaurant just beside selling good fried chicken.
- Heritage Hotel Ipoh, on Jalan Raja DiHilir is a three star hotel that provides decent accommodation.
- Hillcity Hotel & Condo, on Jalan Gopeng is located just opposite the Sam Poh Tong Caves and the famous pomelo fruit stalls.
- Tower Regency Hotel Ipoh, 27, Jln Dato Seri Ahmad Said (Located opposite the MBI building). New hotel launched in January 2009 with rooms and service apartments. Located close to the Greentown Business Centre and Ipoh Parade Shopping Mall
- Lost World Hotel,  Persiaran Lagun Sunway 1, Sunway City, Ipoh. Located just a stone’s throw away from The Lost World of Tambun Theme Park, this hotel is convenient for any traveler who plans to spend time visiting the attractions within the vicinity of the park. A night’s stay includes access to the famous Tambun Hot Springs Spa. The hotel is also close to Tambun town, home of the famous pomelos.
- MH Hotels Ipoh, Tel: +605 545 1000/ +605 545 1080 (D. L.), Fax: +605 545 9300. is a brand new 21-storey concept Boutique Corporate Hotel centrally located in Ipoh’s latest “Golden Triangle” adjacent to several travel key establishments. The hotel has 111 stylish and well-appointed guest rooms combined with concept theme floor for discerning guest spacious deluxe rooms and suites. Our rooms are among the most spacious in Ipoh with an additional Privilege Check in floor for ladies. For extra entertainment step in to experience the ‘SKY BAR’ when the moon takes the tides.
- Syuen Hotel Ipoh 88, Jln Sultan Abdul Jalil. +605 253 8889, fax: +605 253 3335. . A four star hotel in Greentown, an up and coming part of the city, it offers a full range of services for both business and holiday travellers.
- The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat  This five star wellness and spa resort is located on a 56-acre valley fringing a cluster of towering limestone hills, the indigeous landcape is surrounded by one of the oldest jungles in the world, natural caves, waterfalls and geothermal hotsprings, all unblemished by time. The self-contained retreat enriches discerning travellers with authentic and timeless experiences with 25 luxury villas, holistic spa and wellness therapies, unequalled Malaysian hospitality and distinctive Asian grace.
- Indulgence Living []on Jalan Raja Dihilir is a boutique hotel with 3 designer suites and 4 themed rooms. Indulgence provides one of the highest classes of hospitality in the city. The hotel is located above the fine dining Indulgence Restaurant.
- Impiana Hotel, Ipoh [], a four star hotel centrally located in the heart of Ipoh on Jalan Raja Dr. Nazrin Shah. The hotel offers lavish facilities set against breathtaking views of rugged limestone hills, the Ipoh Turf Club and the Royal Perak Golf Club. Our newly refurbished rooms offers exclusive and modern look and are equipped with individually controlled air-conditioning unit, direct dialing, WiFi broadband services, five Astro Channels, coffee and tea making facilities, in-room private safe, and so forth. Our hotel is probably one of the most reliable quality hotel in the city and the closest to the airport.
Ipoh is in general a very safe city, certainly by international standards. However, there are some irritants like beggars, especially at bus terminals. It is better not to attract any unwanted attention by giving money to the beggars as most of them are professional beggars operated by syndicates.
Perhaps not so much a safety thing per se, but at the Central Market in New Town, particularly if you are an orang putih (white person), don’t let the traders rip you off (which they are likely to do, if you let them). If the prices are signed clearly, hold them to it! Furthermore, Ipoh is probably not as tourist friendly as publications, such as Lonely Planet, make it out to be.
The city centre is relatively safe, but again, pickpockets do work in the stations. If you are carrying a bag make sure that it’s secured (all zipped up). If you have a wallet in your pocket keep a hand near it while exiting the buses. It is not advisable to leave your handbag dangling on your shoulder while walking next to main roads, as motorcycle snatch thefts do happen.
- President Pro DC – 4 Jalan Yang Kalsom (Near the budget hotels on Jalan Ali Pitchay) 605 2557477 Laundry and dry cleaning. Same day wash and fold RM3 per kilo, minimum RM6.
Big City –> Scroll